Friday, May 24, 2013

Studying for the Boards

We're hanging out at Starbucks this afternoon while Robbie studies for the Boards. Here he is hard at work:


After trying it out for a couple weeks, Robbie has given his stamp of approval to the Dental Boards Mastery app we purchased for his iPad. Also, this is the first week that Robbie has come home from lab and told me that he actually feels like his skills are improving (which is awesome because he is his own toughest critic). They started doing Class V restorations and he was able to bust out a composite one relatively quickly before the lab closed for the day on Wednesday. It's those little moments of success that I think really help keep you going in Dental School.

A Class V restoration is one that is along the gumline (the gingival 1/3 of the tooth).

We don't really have anything planned for Memorial Day. He's going to use the time off to get some more studying done. I will probably go to the pool to get a little sun (hopefully my pale skin doesn't blind anyone!). Tomorrow evening we're going over to our friends' house to have some sangria I made and to play some board games. Other than that it should be a pretty mellow weekend!

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! hello! so glad you stopped by my blog http://ktandcamsmith.blogspot.com/ because I love yours! I totally understand the whole studying for boards feeling! This is crazy and I know way too much about teeth than I care too! Just became a follower, follow back :)

    ReplyDelete