Thursday, May 2, 2013

Quarantine

I'm back from my trip to Vegas! My sister and I had a really fun time being dorks together. Some of the highlights were: getting some sun by the pool at our hotel, the free breakfast buffet that came with our hotel deal online, meeting Big Bird, having delicious sushi at King's Fish House, eating frozen popcorn, and coming home to a bouquet of flowers on the table.

Unfortunately my sister had what we thought was a cold the whole time I was there so I was on super germaphobe alert. Last night she texted me and said she went to the doctor and they told her she has a sinus infection and possibly strep throat! Poor thing! Needless to say, I am now in quarantine for a couple days because it would be awful if Robbie got sick during finals or during his short 5 day break after finals this week.

That's one thing about being in Dental School-- you do not want to get sick! I have had a cold a couple times since Robbie started school (always given to me by my friends or their kids) and I've managed to only get him sick once out of all those times. Imagine sitting in lab for hours when really all you want to do is go to bed (Robbie actually puked and almost passed out when he was sick). There's very little capacity for taking a day off from school unless you are dying in a hospital bed somewhere. Therefore I am not able to kiss my husband for a couple more days and I am sad.

Deborah and I at the Las Vegas sign.
Anchovy toast tapas at Firefly
Meeting Big Bird's drug addict cousin
This is at a place called Popped where they take flavored popcorn and shoot it with liquid nitrogen to make a  yummy cold treat! You can actually see the vapor coming off it because it's so cold!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had fun in Vegas! Joe and I are going to be there this Sunday and Monday. We'll definitely have to check out that popcorn!

    Sorry you may be sick - hopefully you didn't catch it. You're a good wife to quarantine yourself so you don't get Robbie sick :)

    ReplyDelete