Friday, March 15, 2013

Babysitting

We had an awesome time yesterday babysitting two little girls for one of Robbie's classmate's while he and his wife went on a date. We got to do fun activities like going to the park, decorating paper faces with playdough, and having balloon races in the backyard. Here's a picture of our playdough faces:
 
After we put both kids down for bed, we had some time to just sit on the couch and hang out for a bit. I had such a great feeling about how we worked as a team and it gave me a small glimpse of what it's going to be like when we have kids of our own. Lately, I've been feeling a little hesitant about starting a family while he's in school (while Robbie is totally excited about the idea), but babysitting with Robbie helped reassure me that we will be able to handle the new challenges that come. Something else that reassures me is that many people in Robbie's class are married and a good portion of them have one or two kids already (I will try to write a post in the near future from the perspective of some of the stay-at-home-dental-moms I know).

Anyways, I'm really excited about our trip coming up and if I don't write any new posts it's because we're too busy having fun! I hope you guys have a great week, too!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had fun! What a great way to play with play dough.

    I'm also curious about being a SAHM in dental school - namely, how does it work financially?

    Joe and I are both eager to start a family, but are thinking it may be better (due to time and money) to wait until his third year. I'd love to hear otherwise ;) so I am excited for that upcoming post.

    Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete