Friday, April 26, 2013

Summer's a Comin'!

I love Colorado weather, but April was really annoying this year compared to other years. We kept having 2 really nice days of weather followed by a couple days of snow storm ("blizzard" for the out-of-staters) and it just kept flip flopping like that back and forth. But I just checked the forecast and it's supposed to be sunny and in the mid-70's from now until Tuesday evening! Woo hoo!! It's actually such a nice day out today that I was able to pull out my bicycle and go on a four mile ride. I rode down the street to Starbucks to get an iced peach green tea lemonade and brought it back to share with Robbie.

sluuuurrrrp!


As a kid, I always liked the winter time the best and had plans to move to Alaska when I grew up (I think this idea came mostly from my love for the "Julie of the Wolves" book series). But the last couple years I've been enjoying warm weather and being in the outdoors so much more that I just can't wait for summer to come.

Robbie's second semester will be coming to a close in less than two weeks so he's got a lot of studying to do right now. The semester ends on Wednesday the 8th of May and then summer semester will start up on Monday the 13th (I am a little disappointed that he won't have a longer break than 5 days in between). This summer will be somewhat intense too because he's taking his written boards in July.

In spite of the fact that Dental School won't be easing up over the summer, I'm still looking forward to a lot of things including:
  • hot weather
  • a Fourth of July BBQ with our friends
  • swimming in our pool
  • bike rides
  • having our windows open to let in the delicious fresh air
  • eating ripe watermelon
  • getting a little sun so I'm not quite so pale
  • just being outdoors in general
The only things I'm not looking forward to about summer are:
  • Wasps (our apartment complex seems to have an abundance of them in the summer and they all seem target me and no one else)
  • Mosquitoes (that carry the dreaded West Nile Virus!! duh duh duh!!)

In other news, I'm flying out to Las Vegas this Monday to hang out with my sister for her birthday. I checked the weather and it's going to be 98 degrees so she told me to make sure to bring my bathing suit. I'm especially looking forward to going to Firefly (a wonderful tapas restaurant) while I'm there to have warm spinach salad, bacon wrapped dates, and sangria. YUM!

This is us the last time I went to visit her. Yes, we're crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment