Sunday, April 28, 2013

Painting Our Bedroom

Yesterday I decided to paint one wall in our bedroom. Robbie helped me pick out the color, buy the supplies, and move the furniture then I busted it out in just over an hour including all the prep-work. The key to my success in finishing so quickly? This bad boy:

It is the most wonderful tool ever invented for painting. I didn't even have to tape off the baseboards because this tool makes such nice smooth edges. For $5 it was totally worth it!


This trim work took me all of 20 minutes to get two coats up! I will never paint again without that little tool for cutting in the edges. (I would like to point out that Robbie keeps referring to the edges of the wall as "margins" because he is a Dental nerd.)


This is the first coat of paint.


And the final result! The color is Mosaic Tile by Behr.


I'm still deciding on colors for our office/future baby room but now I don't feel like I'm in such a rush since I got a little bit of painting out of my system.

No comments:

Post a Comment