Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Ikea

One of the benefits of living in Aurora is that I am now only 20 minutes away from Ikea! Yesterday, I had some time in the afternoon so I took a little trip over there just to look around. I was able to use my "Ikea Family" card to get a free coffee as well so that's always nice.


The first time I visited an Ikea was actually when I was visiting my sister in Istanbul, Turkey in 2007 and I have loved it ever since. I can't tell you how excited I was when they announced that they were building one in Centennial, Colorado (basically that's south Denver). I'm not that into shopping, but I am a big fan of Scandinavian style furniture and I love meatballs so basically Ikea and I were made for one another.

I won't lie... one of my main purposes for visiting Ikea was to scope out prices on baby furniture, especially the cribs. Did you know that you can buy a crib at Ikea for $99? To be fair, I was checking out kitchen tables and outdoor furniture as well. I refuse to buy anything big without Robbie seeing it first and agreeing that we should get it so I only spent $3.19 on a set of lint roller refills. It was still fun to look around and see what they had that was new since the last time I went. Hopefully I can get him to come back with me sometime soon to see some really inexpensive outdoor furniture that would work well on our patio.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Ikea - but we went 13 times when we moved into our first apartment, so it got a little old. Luckily we'll be 2 years out from that when we move to Philly, so it's been long enough that I am now jazzed to go again haha.

    I've been scoping out a lot of baby stuff too... just trying to get an idea of how much a little bundle of joy would cost ;)

    ReplyDelete