Saturday, April 6, 2013

My Bucket List

Robbie and I really enjoy talking about places we would like to visit and things we would like to do someday. Here's some of the things that have made it to my bucket list.

  1. Open a tea cafe. I envision a huge wall with all sorts of fun mugs to pick from and lots of cozy seating so people can come and have Bible studies or just hang out.
  2. Adopt one or two kiddos from another country. This has been a dream of ours for a long time now but we would love to adopt a little girl from China or India (or both!) in addition to having one or two of our own biological kids.
  3. Go to Disney World. Better yet... go to Disney World and participate in the Princess Half Marathon. I have been having knee problems for awhile which have prevented me from running, but I would totally be okay with walking it. And I would wear an awesome costume.
  4. Visit iCream in Chicago. This place looks awesome!! You go in and choose your flavor, color, and mix-ins then they shoot it with liquid nitrogen to make you fresh ice cream instantly. Or you can get hot steamed pudding!
  5. Own one or two German Shepherds. I just freaking love those dogs! This will have to wait until Riesy is gone since she hates other animals so much. I don't think she'd ever forgive us if we got a dog while she was still living.
  6. Visit the Australia Zoo where Steve Irwin worked. The Crocodile Hunter was totally my hero growing up. He inspired my love of all animals.
  7. Become tri-lingual. I've got English and Spanish down... one more to go! I'm thinking something really different like Chinese or Hebrew or Arabic!
  8. Swim with a shark. Some days this sounds less scary than others. I love sharks and I think they are amazing, but I am a total wuss when it comes to the idea of swimming with one. We'll have to do it on a day I'm feeling extra brave.
  9. Get my pilot's license. I took some flight lessons as a kid and loved it. I think it would be awesome to be able to fly small planes on my own.
  10. Go on Dental service trips to other countries. I really hope we have this opportunity someday! It would be amazing to assist Robbie in providing care to under-served areas.

There are a bunch more I'm sure that I just can't think of right now, but I'm getting pretty sleepy. Goodnight world!

1 comment:

  1. Great bucket list! You've inspired me to make one as well. It'll be good discussion for Joe and me on our road-trip.

    iCream sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete