Sunday, July 28, 2013

Painting for my Nephews

Last week I visited Robbie's sister and her family in Cheyenne, Wyoming to do a little more painting in my nephews' rooms. I have been up once before this to paint and they wanted me to add a few more images. Here's what I painted the first time:
A camouflage wall in Mason's room
The main characters from Ninjago for Avery: (left to right) Zane, Cole, Sensei Wu, Kai, and Jay


As you can guess, Mason loves all things military (probably stemming from his love for the Call of Duty videogames) so this time I was up he asked for a plane with paratroopers.
We decided to go with a cool silhouette effect which made it super easy!
Avery asked for some more Ninjago characters. He actually had quite a list of characters he would like me to paint but for the sake of time, I told him he had to pick three and then I could do a few more next time. He chose Fangtom, Skales, and Lord Garmadon this time and for my next visit he wants the Golden Dragon. I seriously have learned more about Ninjago than I ever thought I would. He sat with me most of the time I was painting and told me all about the characters and their powers/weapons/personalities/etc.
This is Fangtom. He's the General of the Fangpyre snakes. They build their armies by biting people and/or objects and turning them into snakes.
This is Skales. He's the General of the Hypnobrai snakes. They have the ability to hypnotize people by staring into their eyes. Avery made a special request for Skales to have the black circles in his eyes because that is his "hypnotizing face."
Finally, this is Lord Garmadon. He is Sensei Wu's brother (duh duh duh!) and he's always trying to take over the land of Ninjago. His son, Lloyd, becomes the green ninja and eventually has to face him in battle. It actually is a total rip off of the Darth Vader/Luke relationship in Star Wars.
I had a great time painting and hanging out with my nephews. Here are the final products:

1 comment:

  1. So this is what you meant for painting walls. At first I thought you’re going to change the color. To add more life and fun in the room. But seeing the result, you definitely exceeded it. And I mean well. Great job! There’s no doubt you’re the coolest Aunt for your nephews.

    Leeanne @ MasterMyList.com

    ReplyDelete