Saturday, August 3, 2013

Last Post Before Puerto Rico

We're leaving for Puerto Rico tomorrow night so I wanted to write one more post before we left.

Robbie took the Part I Boards this past Monday. I can't say he loved the experience (who would enjoy a 7 hour test?!) but it's nice to finally have them done after weeks of preparing. The day after he took the test, he seemed to have a bit of a mental hangover. Robbie felt the hardest part of the test was a section called "testlets" that described clinical scenarios and you had to diagnose what the patient had based off the description. All of his classmates that took the test before Robbie's group came out feeling like they completely failed and they have all passed so far. It takes about 2-3 weeks for them to give you your score so I will give an update when we hear back. I'm confident that Robbie passed just fine but I know he won't feel completely at ease until he gets it in writing.

We went up to visit our families in Fort Collins for a few days after the test. We also got to hang out with our friends, Dan and Chelsea (two of our favorite people!). I've known Dan since high school when we were in Student Council together and his dad is also the pastor of our home church in Fort Collins. He is like the brother I never had growing up and he's a huge nerd when it comes to animals and Disney. Dan met Chelsea in Hawaii and he seriously could not find a better girl. The first time I met Chelsea in person was when Robbie and I went to California and she was working at Disneyland so she got us in for free. Chelsea is sweet, intelligent, funny, easy to talk to, thoughtful, and wise beyond her years (not to mention she has hair like a Disney princess). Maybe that is why we get along with them so well... they remind us of Disney so much!
Here's Dan and Chelsea when we went with them to tour Celestial Seasonings Tea in Boulder, CO last year
Next time I write will be after we get back from our trip so hopefully I'll have a lot of fun pictures and stories to share! Robbie starts school back up on the 12th.

No comments:

Post a Comment