Monday, June 3, 2013

Where Did the Week Go?!

It's June 3rd already? Seriously?! This past week feels like a whirlwind. Robbie had a little time off from school so everything else got moved to the back burner while I was spending time with him, including writing blog posts. He's back in school now so here's a catch up on my week!

Last Monday I got to have breakfast with my bestie, Jeanette. We were next door neighbors growing up so I have basically known her since she was born. Now we both live in Denver, but we live on completely opposite sides and she is really busy finishing up her Masters degree so we don't get to see each other as often as we'd like. I went to her house and we went for a long walk and caught up on our life sagas then we ate at Jelly Cafe (which makes this the 4th time in the last month and a half I have eaten there... It's my new favorite breakfast place and they offer gluten free donuts for Robbie!).

Jeanette is the type of friend with whom, even when you haven't seen each other in a long time, you can immediately pick up where you left off like you never spent time apart. I was the youngest of four girls and she is almost two years younger than me, so she's like the little sister I never had.

This is a pic of Jeanette and me when we went to see the Nutcracker Ballet this past December. Apparently we don't take enough pictures of the two of us because this is the most recent one I have! haha
On Monday afternoon, Robbie and I went to a BBQ at a fellow Dental Student's house. The next day, we babysat their two girls again and had a blast!
Making playdough flower gardens

Feeding bread to the geese at the park
Playing "Tea Party" on the playground. Robbie barely fit at the table.
I really don't remember what we did on Wednesday or Thursday. It probably involved Robbie studying and me playing Tomb Raider II. We also watched the movie Django Unchained which I enjoyed though it does have quite a bit of blood and cussing (viewer discretion is advised).

Friday afternoon we drove to Fort Collins so I could take some maternity photos at a sculpture park for my sister, Ariane. Here are a few of my favorites:



Friday night and all day Saturday were pretty awful because I caught a stomach bug. I'm still feeling a little sick, but I've been taking probiotics and I drank some Rooibos tea which both seemed to help a lot. Of course since I mentioned being sick on Facebook, everyone and their mom is like, "Are you pregnant?!" No, thanks for asking though. haha

Yesterday, Robbie and I went to see the movie Mud at the theater. It was a little slow at parts but was really well acted and had an intriguing plot. I really liked the way it ended, too. Robbie is back in school today and had a test first thing this morning in Periodontics. His birthday is coming up really soon so I'm trying to think of something fun we could do together. I'll let you know what I come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment