Friday, June 28, 2013

Sunburn

I spent a little too long by the pool yesterday and got sunburned. Thanks to my French and Irish heritage, I have pretty pale skin that burns easily. To avoid getting burned, I try to build up a little bit of tan slowly so over the past few weeks I've been spending about 20 minutes a couple times a week getting some sun.

Yesterday I decided that I had built up enough melanin in my skin to be okay staying in the sun a bit longer. I decided to pull up Pandora on my phone and listen to some Kingston Trio radio (I love bluegrass/folk music but can't stand country haha). I listened to 10 songs while laying on my back, then 10 songs laying on my stomach. Turns out that was WAAAAAY too long.

This is my back.
This is my hip. You can see how pale my base color is.
I've been slathering on cocoa butter and it's actually looking a lot better today. It's already starting to turn from red to tan. I definitely won't be doing that again though!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! No fun :( The best sunburn relief I found was this gem: www.oilsofaloha.com/kukui-essentials-aftersun/kukui-essential-aftersun-lotion-fragrance

    ReplyDelete