Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jog!

If you aren't familiar with the nursery rhyme I am quoting in the title of this post, here's the full rhyme:
To market, to market to buy a fat pig. Home again, home again, jiggity jig. To market, to market to buy a fat hog. Home again, home again, jiggity jog.
I thought the title was appropriate not only because we just got home from our Spring Break trip to Las Vegas but because I am officially a stay-at-home wife again! It felt extremely weird the last two days dropping Robbie off at the Dental School then proceeding back home to do stuff around the house. It felt like I was playing hooky from work!

For those of you who are just discovering my blog, I have worked at the Dental School for the past year and a half. We are due with our first child in mid-May and I decided to leave work a little early to have some time to prepare before Baby comes. It felt bittersweet leaving my job as I've met so many wonderful people and have loved the extra time I got with Robbie during the day. (Not to mention we will slightly miss that paycheck I was getting each month!)

It really does feel incredible to be back at home again, though! When I picked Robbie up yesterday he jokingly asked if the house was clean and if I had gone grocery shopping. Surprise! Yes I did actually clean the house and go grocery shopping, Mr. Marin! You are welcome. :) Robbie also pointed out how much happier I seem the last few days. It probably has more to do with not having to get up at 5:30 and trying to pack enough snacks to keep me fed the whole day and that I can drink water whenever I want (we aren't allowed to have drinks in the clinic area). Aside from those reasons, I do get a great sense of satisfaction out of making my home feel like a home. I love having the time and energy to have meals ready when Robbie gets off, too.

In no way do I feel like there is an expectation that I need to be at home. If anything, I feel that society has swung so far in the other direction that now it devalues women who decide to stay at home because they aren't properly "contributing to society." Because a paying career is the only thing that gives people value and purpose, don't you know? Okay, rant over. Back to happy thoughts.

Like I said earlier, we just got back from Vegas. I guess the term Babymoon applies since it will be our last trip before Baby comes. We stayed at the Trump Hotel which was wonderful. We did end up doing a lot more walking than we had planned so that was exhausting (especially at 7 months pregnant). Here's a few snapshots from our trip:
Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay
Of course had to take a few mermaid-y maternity photos
Panoramic view from the Bellagio
Visiting Carlo's Bake Shop (any Cake Boss fans out there?) in the Venetian
Lobster tails!!!!!!
It was the most delicious thing ever!
Waiting for the Tournament of Kings dinner show to start in the Excalibur Hotel. You eat with your hands!
You can't visit Vegas without watching the Bellagio fountains at least once
Have a wonderful week! Now that I'm home I hope to be able to blog more. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment