Monday, August 10, 2015

Two Semesters Left

We're finally here-- the first day of Robbie's 4th year in Dental School! Summer semester was lost in the haze of newborn land. Robbie was able to arrange to have his summer break (yes... two whole weeks! wow!) moved from the end of the summer to the beginning so he would have time off when Jubilee was born. This meant that his first ACTS rotation was moved to the end of the summer instead. He was also able to work it out with the school to have several of his ACTS rotations in or around Fort Collins so we have been able to spend a lot of time with our families.



I'm happy to say that his first rotation was definitely a positive experience! In just two weeks he pulled more teeth than he had in all of Dental School! He also received a lot of good feedback from the Dentists and Dental Assistants at the clinic which was really encouraging. I hope he enjoys all of his subsequent rotations just as much.

It is beyond incredible that Robbie and I are now parents and that our baby girl is already almost three months old. Weeks 1-8 were a lot of trial and error (and a lot of sleep deprivation) but now I feel like we have gotten into more of a groove. The little ham has grown from 8 lbs, 10 oz to over 13 lbs! I love that she now recognizes both me and Robbie and melts our hearts with big cheesy toothless grins on a regular basis. We have even been able to go on a few dates while Mimi (Robbie's mom) watches her.

I just know this final year is going to be done before we realize it. Jubilee will be turning 1 right around graduation. I better start planning that graduation party now!
I love that double chin!

No comments:

Post a Comment