Sunday, January 26, 2014

4 Year Anniversary

Two posts in one day? How exciting is that?!

It's hard to believe Christmas break is already over and that Robbie has completed the first few weeks of Spring semester. Juggling two families in Fort Collins made for a pretty busy break and I, unfortunately, had to work through most of his break as well. I will say that sitting around at the school organizing/stocking/cleaning without any clinic going on gets really old really fast. I am so glad clinic has started back up and we finally have the students back! I promise to never complain about how messy they make the clinic ever again. Their mess is what keeps me from getting bored!

My favorite part of the break was celebrating our 4 year anniversary at The Melting Pot (a delicious fondu restaurant that we go to every year). Since the restaurant was in Fort Collins and we didn't think it sounded very fun to stay at one of our parents' houses for our anniversary, we decided a few weeks ago to book a hotel room instead.

This is us in the hotel lobby before we left for dinner. I was a little disappointed that the front desk lady couldn't capture a better picture but after three takes, I figured "Oh well."
One thing I love about Old Town Fort Collins is that they cover all the trees with Christmas lights each year.
He's not excited at all.
We went with the spinach artichoke cheese fondu, yet again. It's so good we're afraid to branch out!
Had to snap a picture of us with our chocolate before we messed up the lovely yin/yang dark/white chocolate.
It's amazing to think of all we have been through together over the past four years. Career changes, adopting a kitty cat, applying to Dental School, moving to a new city, traveling (to California twice, Virginia, Arizona, southern Colorado, and Puerto Rico), and completing the first year and a half of Dental School. I just can't imagine where I would be or what I would be doing if God hadn't brought Robbie and I into each others' lives. Robbie truly brings out the best in me and treats me with such tenderness. I feel absolutely blessed beyond capacity to stand by his side as his wife. I love that we are such a good team and that I know I will always have someone in my corner when life gets difficult.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ariel, Thank you for writing this blog. My husband is in dental school at Columbia half way through first year. It's been a rough week and sort of out of desperation I just googled "Dental Student Spouse Blogs." It has been a great encouragement spiritually and school-wise, to read this. Jay has a "big sibling" at school to ask questions to, but it helps to hear a spouse's perspective from a hear ahead. We are a bit older (32/33) and thinking of starting our family in dental school too. Please keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment! It's always so encouraging to me when people stumble upon my blog and share where they are at in the Dental School journey. I have another friend whose husband goes to Penn State Dental School and she is keeping a blog as well. The website for that is http://dentalschoolwife.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the second blog! I kept thinking of your blog last night when we were running flash cards for a big exam tomorrow. So much of me wanted to go sew and watch tv in the office but remembering that marriage means sacrificial love and also this is an endeavor we are in together helped me to keep my butt planted and keep "auditing dental school" as a friend of mine calls it!

    ReplyDelete